Special Projects Producer
Updated On: May 01 2013 11:41:33 AM EDT
WKMG Local 6 in Orlando is looking for a hard-working special projects producer. This position requires the ability to research, write, and produce compelling stories under tight deadlines. You must be an extremely strong and fast writer. Qualified candidates must have at least 3 years of television news writing experience. Prior special projects producing experience preferred.
Applicants should email resumes to: Allison McGinley, Executive Producer of Special Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop original ideas for investigative, consumer, health and other promotable stories.
- Must have ability to research, write, shoot, edit and field produce for on-air presentation.
- Work stories independently as well as collaboratively with various reporters.
- Work quickly and efficiently to turn multiple stories per week.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Discretion, maturity and composure, especially under pressure.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must have a solid knowledge of Florida law.
- Prior television investigative reporting or producing a must.
- Excellent writing, production and computer assisted reporting skills.
- Must be creative and well organized with good people skills.
- Knowledge of electronic gear used in surveillance/undercover work.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Valid passport desirable but not required.
- Must be able to travel.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 N. JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting. Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of the background checks, employment /education verifications, and the pre-employment physical exam including drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.