- Organize news-related information necessary to the decision-making process in a television news operation, dispatch and coordinate human and technical resources for news coverage.
- Identify and gather accurate information for news stories from variety of sources such as public safety scanners, phone calls, public agencies, companies and other news media.
- Organize information for the use of reporters, photographers, writers and producers.
- Maintain strong people and communication skills in a competitive, pressurized environment and work under intense deadline pressure.
- Ability to seek out and find enterprised and exclusive story ideas for newscasts.
- Post content on the station website and in social media on a daily basis.
- Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Reports to Managing Editor.
- Communications or Journalism degree from a four-year university.
- Minimum of two years newsroom experience.
- A passion for breaking news with sound news judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and other resources
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 John Young Parkway
ORLANDO, FL 32804
Send tape and resume to: Managing Editor or email to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Send letter to enable evaluation of your skills and special flair. Please provide daytime & nighttime contact information.
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting. Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment physical exam, including drug screen and required reference checks and educational degree verification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation.