- Organize news-related information necessary to the decision-making process in a television news operation, dispatch and coordinate human and technical resources for news coverage.
- Identify and gather accurate information for news stories from variety of sources such as public safety scanners, phone calls, public agencies, companies and other news media.
- Organize information for the use of reporters, photographers, writers and producers.
- Maintain strong people and communication skills in a competitive, pressurized environment and work under intense deadline pressure.
- Ability to seek out and find enterprised and exclusive story ideas for newscasts.
- Post content on the station website and in social media on a daily basis.
- Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Reports to Managing Editor.
- Communications or Journalism degree from a four-year university.
- Minimum of two years newsroom experience.
- A passion for breaking news with sound news judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and other resources.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send resume to: Managing Editor, Rebecca Pugh, or email her at email@example.com.