Burning trash ignites brush fire in Palm Bay
Updated On: Mar 21 2013 06:13:18 PM EDT
Authorities have contained a brush fire that sparked in Palm Bay after a homeowner burned trash in their backyard.
The brush fire ignited in the area of Hield Road and Milton Road. Palm Bay police said the fire was scattered across a several-block area where homes and other structures in the area spread between many vacant lots.
Palm Bay police say there wasn't any evacuations issued. Residents in the affected area were asked to stay inside their homes and avoid emergency vehicles, police said.
Check back for more information.