George Zimmerman Facebook page shut down

Published On: Aug 22 2012 05:31:44 PM EDT
Updated On: Aug 23 2012 08:10:57 AM EDT
ORLANDO, Fla. -

The attorney for George Zimmerman, who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, says he is shutting down a Facebook page that had been used as a social media outlet for supporters of his client because of what he says are "diminishing returns."

Attorney Mark O'Mara announced the decision Wednesday on a separate website set up to distribute information on George Zimmerman's defense for Martin's February shooting. That site, GZlegalcase.com, remains active.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting and has pleaded not guilty.

O'Mara said the Facebook page had served several purposes over the past three months, including giving Zimmerman and the defense team an official social media presence. But it also allowed for discussions of evidence and Zimmerman's guilt or innocence that O'Mara said was not helpful.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus