Local 6 tests homemade remedies for tough household chores
Updated On: Jan 15 2013 04:30:44 PM EST
Watch this video to see what happens when I team up with Longwood mom Anne Smith to test some quirky solutions to household challenges.
Here’s what we attempted:
- Boiling socks to remove stubborn dirt
- Applying non-stick cooking spray to shower doors to remove soap scum
- Rubbing a used dryer sheet on the shower doors to remove soap scum
- Stain-guarding a tablecloth with spray starch
- Using a dryer sheet to remove stubborn burnt on stains from pots and pans
Some strategies worked better than others. Personally, I’d leave PAM in the kitchen. And I’d probably buy new socks before I attempt boiling them again. But that’s just me.
You can find more ideas for tackling those household chores at http://www.whoknewtips.com/
If you have any easy, perhaps obscure, DIY household tips, please go to my Facebook page, Steven Cooper – Local 6, and send me a message.