Man accused of sex crimes at Orange County unlicensed daycare

Published On: Nov 09 2012 04:46:30 PM EST
Updated On: Nov 12 2012 05:39:48 PM EST

Orange County deputies have arrested a man who they say committed sex crimes on at least five victims at his longtime girlfriend's unlicensed Orlando daycare.

ORLANDO, Fla. -

Orange County deputies say at least 2 more victims have come forward in the investigation into a man who they say committed sex crimes at his longtime girlfriend's unlicensed Orlando daycare.

Deputies say Enrique "Rick" Cuebas, 69, has been arrested and charged with lewd and lascivious molestation, lewd and lascivious exhibition and sexual battery of a child less than 12 years old after they received reports from a 6-year-old victim and a young teen.

According to the report, Cuebas was the longtime boyfriend of the woman who ran the daycare.

The sex crimes were committed at a daycare on Sanseviera Lane, which was closed by Department of Children and Families and was operating unlicensed. DCF officials said they shut down three daycares as a result of the allegation, all affiliated with each other.

Cuebas was arrested on Oct. 29 and has been at the Orange County Jail under a no bond status. The investigation is ongoing and deputies say they believe there may be more victims.

Local 6 spoke to Cuebas' neighbor, who said he was surprised to hear the allegations.

"I can't say nothing bad about him because he's a nice guy," said Bud Phillips.

The owner of the house, Cuebas' girlfriend, hasn't been charged so far in the case.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus