A Brevard County Family is forced out of their home after a fire erupted on Christmas Eve

By Elizabeth Roman, Assignment Editor, eroman@wkmg.com
Published On: Dec 25 2013 02:11:59 PM EST
Updated On: Dec 25 2013 03:02:08 PM EST

MIMS, Fla. -- A Brevard County family was forced out of their home Tuesday night after fire erupted inside their house.

It happened just after nine o'clock on Amy Way in Mims.

It took crews nearly an hour to knock down the fire. According to fire officials it started in the garage and quickly spread through two bedrooms above it.

The family told Local 6 they believe it was started by an electric golf cart which was charging in the garage.

Luckily everyone inside the home got out safely.

Fire officials say the home was not a total loss and the family will be staying with friends, until they find out if the Red Cross can help them.

Stay with Local 6 and ClickOrlando.com for more on this developing story.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus