Altamonte Springs apartments evacuated after suicide attempt

Published On: Dec 24 2013 03:00:50 AM EST
Updated On: Aug 13 2013 03:05:49 PM EDT
Attempted suicide
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. -

An Altamonte Springs apartment complex was evacuated Tuesday afternoon after a woman attempted to kill herself by lighting a charcoal grill in her sealed bathroom, according to Seminole County Fire Department.

A building at Timberlake Apartments at Jamestown Boulevard was evacuated after police received reports of a carbon monoxide leak.

Seminole County Fire Department Lt. Paula Thompson said the woman went into a bathroom, sealed it and lit a charcoal grill.  She was taken to a hospital in serious condition said Thompson, who added that the woman's dog died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sixteen units were evacuated and there were about a dozen people home at the time, of the incident, police said.  Three people reported headaches and were taken to Florida South Hospital, according to police.

Residents were later allowed to re-enter their homes.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus