Baby accidentally smothered, dies, Marion County deputies say

Published On: Jan 07 2014 04:13:23 PM EST
Updated On: Jan 07 2014 04:52:57 PM EST

BELLEVIEW, Fla. -

A Marion County infant died after he was accidentally smothered by a family member who fell asleep with the infant on her chest, according to deputies.

Deputies said they were called to the home on Southeast 45th Avenue in Belleview early Monday morning after the family member fell asleep with the infant on her chest and rolled over sometime throughout the night, accidentally smothering the baby.

The Department of Children and Families is investigating. No charges have been filed.

Health officials say the best place for babies to sleep is in a crib or bassinet in your room, not in your bed.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus