Boy, 3, nearly drowns during Florida fireworks show
A 3-year-old child nearly drowned in the Atlantic Ocean while his family watched fireworks near Daytona Beach.
Volusia County Beach Safety Ocean Rescue spokeswoman Tammy Marris told the Daytona Beach News-Journal a bystander spotted the child in the surf Thursday night during the July 4 fireworks display.
The boy was unresponsive when he was found, but rescue crews revived him. Marris says the child was breathing and conscious when he was taken to Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach.
Marris says the family had come to the beach to watch the fireworks and noticed the child missing a short time later.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.