Chemicals evacuate Waffle House; workers taken to hospital
Updated On: Feb 17 2014 12:31:23 PM EST
Three employees of a Waffle House in Orange County were taken to a hospital after being exposed to chemicals, fire officials said.
Nine workers were cleaning the restaurant, located on East Colonial Driver near Alafaya Trail, when a drain cleaner and bleach were mixed, according to Orange County Fire Rescue.
Some of the workers started complaining about coughing and were taken to a hospital, officials said.
Employees were later allowed to return to the restaurant.
No customers were inside at the time of the incident.