Chemicals evacuate Waffle House; workers taken to hospital

Published On: Feb 17 2014 11:08:08 AM EST
Updated On: Feb 17 2014 12:31:23 PM EST

Three employees of a Waffle House in Orange County were taken to a hospital after being exposed to cleaning chemicals, fire officials say.

ORLANDO, Fla. -

Three employees of a Waffle House in Orange County were taken to a hospital after being exposed to chemicals, fire officials said.

Nine workers were cleaning the restaurant, located on East Colonial Driver near Alafaya Trail, when a drain cleaner and bleach were mixed, according to Orange County Fire Rescue.

Some of the workers started complaining about coughing and were taken to a hospital, officials said.

Employees were later allowed to return to the restaurant.

No customers were inside at the time of the incident.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus