Jason Rodriguez, the man accused of open-firing in downtown Orlando in 2009, has been ruled mentally competent to proceed with his trial on Wednesday.
Judge Belvin Perry ruled on Wednesday months after a hearing where doctors said Rodriguez was mentally competent to stand trial. Rodriguez was previously found to be incompetent, but his doctors said he had made a turnaround at the hearing.
Rodriguez is accused of killing one man and injuring five others at the Gateway Center in 2009. Police say they believe Rodriguez was trying to get revenge for losing his job.
He is charged with one count of first-degree murder. He also faces attempted first degree murder charges.
Check back with Local 6 and ClickOrlando.com for more information.