FBI looks for more victims of accused sex offender
The FBI is searching for more victims of an accused sex offender with ties to Central Florida.
47-year-od Joseph Anthony Caracciolo was arrested on charges of traveling between New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania to sexually abuse a young girl. Investigators say the girl got pregnant at age 12 and gave birth to his baby at age 13.
The FBI says in the early to mid 1990s, Caracciolo traveled extensively and lived in the Orlando, Boca Raton, and Palm Beach areas. They also say he may have lived in California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Virginia.
Agents say he presented himself as everything from a chef, to a dentist, to a salesperson and allegedly claimed to be suffering from cancer. He also was known by several different aliases.
Caracciolo has several tattoos, including:
- A tattoo of ivy on his left finger
- A chef in a chef’s hat with the words “Top Chef and an underlying quote on the forearm
- A cancer ribbon with boxing gloves on forearm.
- The initials "AJ" on the inner left wrist
- The letter “M” on inner right wrist
- The initials "NY" on the left upper arm
- An “X” between the webbing of the thumb and index finger
Anyone with information concerning Caracciolo is asked to call the FBI's tip line at 1-800-CALL-FBI or give a tip at the agency's website https://tips.fbi.gov.