FWC: No charges for man who made up bear attack

By John Ambrogne, Executive Producer, jambrogne@wkmg.com
Published On: Mar 13 2014 12:14:46 AM EDT
Josh Hennessy
SORRENTO, Fla. -

Florida Fish and Wildlife workers say the man who made up a story about being attacked by a bear won't face any charges.

Last month, 36-year-old Joshua Hennessy told officers he was attacked after he went to check out a strange noise outside of his Sorrento home.

Hennessy had visible injuries after he says he wrestled with the bear before eventually fighting the animal off.

FWC officials say they had doubts about his story from the beginning. They say Hennessy eventually admitted he was hurt after he fell down while trying to chase a bear.

Wildlife officials told Local 6 Wednesday night they decided not to press any charges against Hennessy, even though chasing a bear is technically against Florida law.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus