Heater ignites house fire in Palm Bay

Published On: Dec 24 2013 06:10:16 PM EST
Updated On: Nov 29 2013 01:40:20 PM EST
PALM BAY, Fla. -

A heater ignited a fire on Thursday night, causing $10,000 in damage to the mobile home, according to fire officials.

Palm Bay Fire-Rescue said the fire sparked just after 11:30 p.m. Thursday on Seagrape Street.

The investigation revealed the homeowner had turned on the heater a couple of hours prior to the fire.

“We found dust accumulated within the duct work which was not hung but placed on the ground,” said Assistant Fire Marshal Ron Bailey in a release . “When the heater was turned on the dust ignited and started the fire within the ducts which then spread to a portion of the inside of the home.”

No injuries have been reported.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus