Man shot by Orlando police gets $750,000 in settlement

Published On: Oct 01 2013 07:27:36 AM EDT
Updated On: Oct 01 2013 07:27:57 AM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. -

A man shot by Orlando police in a Target parking lot will receive a $750,000 settlement.

Officers were attempting to arrest Rogelio Cortes in 2011 after they said he had a van full of electronics purchased with stolen credit cards.

Police said they opened fire because Cortes tried to ram patrol cars while trying to get away.

Surveillance video, however, shows an unmarked patrol car hitting the van from behind, pushing it into the other vehicles.

Cortes sued the Orlando Police Department last year, and all the charges against him were also later dropped.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus