Man turns green after eating snails
Updated On: Sep 11 2013 10:23:21 AM EDT
A 24-year-old man was hospitalized after he ate too many snails and his skin turned the color green.
According to WantChinaTimes.com, the man came to the hospital in Guizhou province, China, because his skin had turned green and he was afraid something might be wrong with him. Doctors discovered that the man had a parasitic infection in his liver. The Chinese Center for Disease Control reportedly confirmed that he was infected by parasitic flatworms that live in animal livers.
The parasite came into the man's body because he had been eating river snails on a daily basis. He began complaining of a sharp abdominal pain months ago, but did not seek medical attention until his skin started changing color.
Doctors finally removed four common liver fluke from his bile duct. Liver flukes are commonly found in the bile ducts of cattle, sheep and other mammals.