Power line shocks worker in Orange County, sets clothes ablaze
Updated On: Apr 25 2013 06:18:19 PM EDT
A worker in Orange County is seriously injured after authorities say he was shocked, which set his clothes on fire, while removing air conditioning units from a building on Thursday morning.
Orange County Fire Rescue said the construction worker was on a lift at the building on Presidents Drive near Sand Lake Road when he was shocked, igniting his clothes on fire.
He was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center in critical condition, but officials said he is expected to survive.
According Orange County Fire Rescue, the worker appears to be burned over 70 percent of his body.
Officials said they believe when the lift came in contact with the power line, it knocked the power out.
Mario Maglione Jr., 32, a former volunteer firefighter, was driving to work when he saw the worker's clothes on fire.
Fire officials say Maglione who works as a tow truck driver in Orlando, climbed up the lift with a fire extinguisher and put out the flames.
No other information was immediately available.
Check back for more details.