No trial date set for Volusia County man accused of killing wife, 2 kids

By Michelle Dendy, ClickOrlando.com Web Editor, mdendy@clickorlando.com
Published On: Aug 06 2014 08:22:04 AM EDT
Updated On: Jun 17 2014 05:25:00 PM EDT
DELTONA, Fla. -

A judge granted a continuance on Tuesday in the trial for the man accused of killing his wife and her two children.

Luis Toledo is accused of killing Yessenia Suarez and her kids in October 2013, but their bodies were never found.

Suarez and her two children vanished four months ago after Toledo and Suarez had an argument at her work.

Prosecutors say Toledo admitted to killing his wife, but said he had nothing to do with the deaths of her kids, Thalia and Michael Otto.

Toledo's attorney asked for the continuance on Tuesday because the defense won't be ready for a trial this year.

"It's a serious case and real people are involved so were taking our time. I don't think we're taking an extraordinary amount of time, but were taking our time ... and hopefully we'll be ready for trial at some point," said Toledo's attorney, Jeffrey Dean.

Toledo faces the death penalty. He also faces charges of tampering with evidence after deputies reported finding traces of what appeared to be blood in Toledo's home and noticed it had been thoroughly cleaned.

Toledo has pleaded not guilty.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus