Thanksgiving food supply supermarket roundup
Updated On: Nov 26 2013 06:46:24 PM EST
Supermarkets across Central Florida have been packed with Thanksgiving shoppers.
Barbara Johnson drove from Tavares to the Whole Foods in Winter Park, and had a lot of trouble finding a parking spot.
"I certainly didn’t expect it, but I hope they have something left by the time I get in there," she said.
The managers tell Local 6 they’re beefing up their staff.
"This week is our busiest even on Thanksgiving we’ll make sure that we have everyone here for a full production," said Adrienne Iannone, a spokesperson for the store.
Some stores are already running out of Thanksgiving trimmings.
The Publix on Taylor Road in Port Orange is out of Swanson Chicken stock and Pepperidge Farm stuffing, the Waterford Lakes SuperTarget is out of Pillsbury Deep Dish Pie Crust, the Publix on North Orlando Avenue in Maitland is out of Pillsbury pie crust and unsalted butter.
Renee Lewis of Lake Mary says she’ll be shopping all day tomorrow, and hopes it will be pleasant.
"It seems that everyone is in a good mood so I think people are being a little more patient with each other," she said.
- The Whole Foods in Winter Park will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Publix supermarkets everywhere are closed.
- Super Walmart on S. Goldenrod Road is open 24 hours on Thanksgiving.
- Target stores everywhere are closed on Thanksgiving Day but open at 8 p.m.
- Albertsons is open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.