UCF tops Huffington Post's successful graduates list
With Florida being home to 11 state universities, the Board of Governors awarded the state universities, by dividing up an extra $20 million in "performance funding" based on scores that graded these higher institutions on how well they prepare graduates for the workforce.
The scores were based on three criteria: graduates' employment, wages and cost of education.
Of course the grading received controversy, seeing that it only included data that tracked students employed in the state of Florida, according the article released by The Huffington Post.
UCF and USF tied for first, both receiving $2,608,696 performance bonus in return for their scores. The list is as follows:
- University of Central Florida & University of South Florida
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida International University
- Florida State University
- University of North Florida
- Florida Atlantic University
- University of Florida
- University of West Florida
- Florida A&M University
- New College of Florida