Vapors overcome workers at Orlando International Airport

Published On: Nov 06 2013 05:56:26 AM EST
Updated On: Nov 06 2013 01:25:04 PM EST

Airport officials say three workers at OIA were taken to a hospital after being exposed to some vapors when a bottle broke in ...

ORLANDO, Fla. -

Three workers at Orlando International Airport were taken to a hospital Wednesday morning after being exposed to some vapors when a bottle broke in a secure area of the airport, officials said.

A fourth employee was treated at the airport after the bottle broke inside a passenger's bag in a secure screening area that is not accessed by passengers, according to OIA spokeswoman Carolyn Fennell.

The workers were later released from Orlando Regional Medical Center.

A hazmat team was called to the airport and the scene was later cleared.

It's not known what was inside the bottle.

No passengers or air travel were affected by the incident.

Watch Local 6 News and stay with ClickOrlando.com for more on this story.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus