Woman accidentally glues mouth shut

Published On: Jul 01 2013 10:06:39 AM EDT
Updated On: Jul 01 2013 08:37:29 AM EDT
Lips, mouth generic

SXC

A New Zealand woman mistook a tube of superglue for lip balm and accidentally sealed her mouth shut.

The 64-year-old woman, who requested anonymity, was fumbling in the dark for something to apply to a cold sore late Thursday night when she made the mistake, the Telegraph reported.

The superglue and lip balm were kept in the same tray in her medicine cabinet.

Addled by a cold, the woman told authorities she couldn't get a whiff of the toxic adhesive before applying it to her mouth, the Otago Daily Times reported.

She went back to bed, and soon her lips were tightly sealed.

Senior Sgt. Steve Aiken told the New Zealand Herald the woman "sounded gagged or possibly had a medical condition" when she called emergency services.

"She could only grunt," he said.

The superglue was removed with paraffin oil at a hospital in Dunedin, according to the Independent.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus