Woman escapes Sanford house fire

Published On: Mar 03 2014 06:14:05 AM EST   Updated On: Mar 03 2014 06:47:48 AM EST

A woman is able to escape a fire that destroyed a house in Sanford.


A woman was able to escape a fire that destroyed a house early Monday in Sanford.

The fire broke out around 4:30 a.m. at 3248 Main St.

Latrelle Barfield told Local 6 that she was using a kerosene lamp to heat her home, and it caught some carpet on fire.

Barfield said she ran for help, and a neighbor called 911.

Sanford firefighters extinguished the blaze.

No one was injured.

The Red Cross was assisting Barfield.

No other details were released.


The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus