Volusia County woman seriously hurt after explosion

Published On: Jan 03 2014 08:28:40 PM EST   Updated On: Jan 04 2014 07:47:40 AM EST

A woman is seriously hurt after a gas can she was using to help start a fire exploded causing 2nd degree burns to fifteen percent of her body.


The Volusia County Sheriff's office responded to the 3000 block of Snow Drive Friday evening for the report of a burn victim.

Upon arrival, the victim, 37-year-old Jennifer Self said she was using a plastic can of gasoline to start a fire in her stoned ringed backyard fire pit when the fumes from the gasoline ignited causing an explosion.

The explosion caused 2nd degree burns to Self's face and legs that covered fifteen percent of her body.

Self was transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center, condition unknown.


The views expressed are not those of clickorlando.com, WKMG or its affiliated companies. This is a community moderated forum (Please note the 'Flag' button). By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms Of service
blog comments powered by Disqus